Saturday, February 13, 2010
Reaction to Cisneros Video
Usually reading a story first takes away from the video/movie. The reading always has more details than the video which allows you to get more into the story, but the video of Sandra Cisneros' story, "A House on Mango Street," consists of short sentences & pictures to get the point across that she did not approve of all the places she has lived. You could also tell in the video too that she always questioned her life because of where she lived. Such as when she says things in the video like, "have you ever wanted to live somewhere else?" and "do you feel trapped in a world not your own?" While watching the video I felt really bad because I never felt that way about where I lived. I was always fortunate enough to live in one house for a long time with all the necessities I ever needed. For the first time I preferred the video over the reading. The pictures, the questions, and the tone of her voice in the video made me appreciate all the things I was able to have in my life that other families may not have not been fortunate enough to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The quote Cisneros makes about being trapped is very specific to the narrator's experience in "The House On Mango Street" as well as some of the other stories on the syllabus. Can you make specific connections?
ReplyDelete