Monday, February 1, 2010
Reaction to "The Appointment"
After reading “The Appointment of Samarra,” the video on it was absolutely horrible. The reading was very interesting. It was packed with intriguing facts and details that made you understand what the story was about. Death threatens the man and he tries to escape it by going to Samarra. Little does he know, death will be waiting for him there. If you were just going to watch the video personally I feel no one would know the plot of the story as well as the irony being told. In the video you may have also not realized that the woman was death. To me she just looked like some creepy fortune teller. Another thing different about the reading and the video is the setting. The setting in the story takes place in Baghdad where in the video they didn’t specify exactly where they were. Overall, I personally liked the reading much better. The reading is always better than the video know matter what the literary work your reading is. I feel the reading always has more details which allows you get more involved in the story, where the movie does not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, the original of anything is usually better. Did the images of the video help create a vision of the story? That could be a positive.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes, the pictures did create some what of an image for me. I just felt that if I watched the video without reading yet I would have never figured out what it was about. Overall a very interesting story.
ReplyDeleteI completley agree! I thought the book was a million times better then the short clip. And you are right, if I had not read the short story, I would have never known what it was about. It is suprising to me that I like the story better, because I usually do not like reading, or usually just watch a movie not read the book.
ReplyDeletethis was the best post i read about the clip yet. I agree.
ReplyDeleteThanks Girls!!
ReplyDelete